What is Website Redesign?
For businesses looking at site redesigns, our team follows a 6-step process in all of our website builds, however we have some additional steps to take in rebuilding projects.
Here is our core website design process:
gather requirements and inputs from the client to begin the website project.
review inputs, research and plan the website build.
set up the website and load content as required.
deliver a demo website to gain feedback & final changes.
migrate, launch and test your website.
provide an overview and handover session as required.
In addition to our process, there are some additional steps we need to take with this type of project, including:
- Existing URLs/Links – With an existing site, there are current page and post URLs that are live on your site. Some of these pages may have been shared by others, or perhaps are linked back to from other sites. It’s critical with a redesign project that we ensure we have the right strategy in place for existing content, so traffic is not lost or people go to error pages that don’t exist anymore. Also, we may need to consider and/or setup any redirects to ensure pages continue to function in the new design.
- Integrations – your current site may feature some plugins/integrations that may be critical moving forward including email integrations to capture leads through forms. We will work with you to understand your needs to ensure that we cover these requirements in the rebuild.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – No doubt you have existing content on your website and perhaps some keywords and SEO setup already that you’re ranking for. We don’t want to ignore the hard work that’s already been done on your site to help you to be found online by search engines. That’s why as an extra step in our redesigns we look at the current SEO setup and also embark on setting a new strategy for you. What your business goals and focus was 3 years ago when you built your website, has probably changed. Therefore, we want to take stock, look at what’s still relevant, what’s working and what we can improve upon to help you position your new site for better optimisation to reach your ideal audience.
- Downtime Considerations – An effective transition from a current site to a newly launched site means no or very little downtime. We work closely with you to coordinate the best time to launch (where the least amount of traffic will be visiting) and our team works to minimise the impact of any disruptions. We know how important your site is to be live continuously. The last website transition we did that had over 150 pages/blog posts had no downtime whatsoever, there was no downtime.
- Moving Hosting – some redesign projects aren’t just about rebuilding a site, it’s about moving onto more reliable and fast hosting. As part of this migration process, we may need to work with you to ensure your emails aren’t forgotten. Depending of course on where your emails are hosted and if they are currently being hosted where your website is. (Note – We’ve just helped migrate an email account for a business that contained 7.5 GB worth of data onto a new email service provider. The email account was previously hosted by the same company that was hosting the website which was causing very slow load speeds on the site and sometimes connection error messages appearing for visitors 🙁 . We were able to successfully transition without losing email history or the email going down. Also, it was successful launch of the website because the old hosting plan could be cancelled and the new site moved to better local hosting).
Those are some of the main extra care and consideration we take to ensure that you have a smooth transition for getting your new site launched.
If you want to chat about your specific website design needs? Would be delighted to speak with you. Book a free website consult here.
We specialise in the following:
We’re big believers in using the tools that are readily accessible, popular – because they’re solid platforms, and we’ve built with before and have experience. Over the years we’ve used a variety of themes and plugins and this is our final list that we focus on working with to deliver the specific needs of our clients:
WEBSITE CLIENT TESTIMONIALS
Here’s what one of our clients had to say about working with us:
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
“We would like to say how happy we are with the service we received from your company in helping us to build and achieve such a successful website.
We have certainly noticed a significant increase in customer enquiries since the website went live which has helped our small business grow substantially as a result. We’ve even had customers comment on how professional, easy and informative they found our site to be….”
STEPS TO GET STARTED
If you’re curious to get started with us for your website redesign project, here’s what happens next:
- Book in your Free Website Consult here.
- If you’re happy to proceed with your redesign, we agree on the best package to suit your needs.
- Confirm payment and contract terms.
- We get started on our 6-step website design process (as outlined above – 1. Inputs, 2. Plan, 3. Build, 4. Feedback 5. Launch & 6. Handover PLUS the extra steps we need to cover based on our redesign process).
The time frame for redesigns depends on a number of factors, including the package selected, plus the speed in which you can make decisions, when you get inputs/content back to us, functionality needed and the agreed transition timing to minimise impact. We are focused on ensuring a quality site build for our clients and also balancing that with getting your website live as soon as possible. It’s a fine balance, and we’ll be communicating with you throughout the journey to keep you updated on the progress.
POST WEBSITE LAUNCH
What happens after the project is launched and finished? We are here to provide support, answer questions, create content and/or make updates of course as needed after your redesigned website goes live. We offer a variety of ongoing support packages if required. However, we know our clients love getting access to their back-end content management systems through WordPress so users like you can take control and make updates to content to the site yourself.
Should you wish to talk about your existing website, the goals you have for your website and the opportunities you have to redesign to help boost your results, we’d love to talk to you. Feel free to book in your free website consult now.
Want to chat about your website project or request a quote?